Sunday 3 July 2011

FUN AGAIN!

When Matty and I first discussed starting a band, the only name that came up to play bass would be Kev's. I'd only met him a couple of weeks prior at a mates party knowing he'd only been in Melbourne a short time. In my mind, as long as we clicked, he was in the band. I mean really,
MASS-A-FUCKING-PEAL!!!
If you're over 30, skateboarded in the mid to late eighties, or had any interest in punk etc, you would no doubt own this gem. I had the Warterfront pressing, the poster on my wall (ripped from Australia's first skate mag, SKATIN' LIFE) And the t-shirt. Duh!!! as if i wasn't gonna let him play in our band!
This album is still fucking killer today- Blistering crossover thrash. It's the same type of energy we try to bring to the table. Re-living our misspent youth, whilst spitting on the commodified rubbish being passed off as hardcore in 2011.
For those unfamiliar, check this:
This was from 1987 when they opened for D.R.I.
The fuck were you doing in 1987?

P.S.- Kev, as it turns out, happens to be an awesome bass player as well as one of the nicest people we've ever met. Pretty good considering he's from Sydney.
p.p.s- Thats him up there with the DEFECTS shirt, rocking a downpipe! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment